Each year, thousands of alumni and other supporters make a charitable gift to HSU. In fact, our alumni are more likely to support their alma mater than those at any other California State University campus. Donations from those who care about HSU range from a few dollars to major endowments, and every gift makes a difference. There are countless reasons and ways to make a gift, and in the end, it all makes the Humboldt experience even better for students.
Humboldt State values student-focused opportunities for hands-on learning, research, artistic expression, and service. Learning isn’t limited to sitting in a classroom and taking notes. From academic internships to service learning projects, our students apply what they learn in the real world. Students do stem cell research alongside faculty, learn about oceanography while out on the Coral Sea in Humboldt Bay, create the Humboldt Economic Index by collaborating with local businesses, and do simulated archeological digs on campus. These gift opportunities enhance or create programs that allow students to get valuable hands on experience.
- Paid Internships and Student Assistantships
- research assistantship Don Lewis developed
- research assistantship for stem cell research that Don Bremm and Sharon Hanks of Moonstone Crossing Winery funded
- Graduate Fellowships
- Research and Travel Awards
- International Learning Projects
- Well-equipped new and renovated labs and student centered spaces
- Visiting resident artists and writers
Humboldt has long been at the forefront of the environmental movement with sustainability a core value of the institution. With students often leading the way, HSU has been setting an example for decades. We care about protecting the natural environment and building a more just society. It’s a commitment you’ll find throughout our curriculum, across our campus community, and in our students and alums. These gift opportunities are perfect for those who want to further the social and environmental responsibility work already being done at Humboldt State.
- Research funds, fellowship, and endowed faculty chairs in departments supporting social and environmental responsibility
- Schatz Energy Research Center
- Student Led Initiatives
- Go Green Fund
Humboldt State is about so much more than academics. Students play, volunteer, explore, and work at HSU and in the surrounding community. These gift opportunities offer the chance to enhance the quality of life on campus and in the surrounding community.