Every gift is greatly appreciated. Here are just a few ways to make a difference in students' lives. If you have questions about ways to give to Humboldt State University, we encourage you to call the Office of Philanthropy at (707) 826-5101.
To make an instant gift on our secure website, simply complete the form. Choose to make a one time gift or become a Humboldt Loyalty Partner by setting up a recurring gift. You can designate your gift to anywhere on campus.
Give by Mail
Please make your check or money order payable to "HSU Advancement Foundation," write the department, program or fund you wish to donate to on the memo line and send the check to:
Humboldt State University Advancement Foundation
Gift Processing Center
Humboldt State University
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521
Many companies will match your gift to HSU. Contact your Human Resources or Employee Benefits Office to see if your company offers this benefit. Send completed paperwork to:
Office of Philanthropy
Humboldt State University
1 Harpst Street
Arcata CA 95521.
With thoughtful planning, it is possible to make a gift to HSU and receive a range of individual financial benefits, including reduced taxes, additional retirement income, and more. Visit our Gift & Estate Planning pages to learn about tax-wise giving options, including:
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities: Donating publicly traded stocks and bonds or closely held stock and business assets usually provides a double tax benefit, significantly reducing the cost of your gift to HSU. Since HSU will pay no capital gains tax when selling the securities, your gift is actually worth more to HSU, allowing you to make a bigger impact.
- Learn more about Appreciated Securities | Stock Transfer Form
- Charitable Bequests: It is easier than you may think to plan a gift through your will or living trust, or via a beneficiary designation on your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401k, or other financial account. Charitable bequests cost you nothing during your life, they can be changed if your needs change, and they can minimize potential estate costs and taxes.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Gift annuities allow you to make a gift now and receive a stable, fixed-income for the rest of your life. They can be set up to provide income this year or as a retirement planning strategy to meet future needs, and they come with multiple tax benefits.
- Gifts of Real Estate and Personal Property: It is often possible to unlock the value of your real estate, while eliminating property management hassles, reducing capital gains and income tax burdens, and helping HSU.
Gift Recognition Opportunities
Humboldt State University is honored to provide special opportunities to name faculty positions, scholarships, programs and rooms to recognize extraordinary gifts. This form of donor recognition is one way for the university to thank benefactors and highlight their generosity and commitment to HSU. Please contact the Office of Philanthropy at (707) 826-5101 or email email@example.com to learn more about how HSU's special recognition opportunities can help achieve your philanthropic goals.
In Kind Gifts or Gifts of Property
If you have an asset that would be beneficial to a program or department, please contact the Office of Philanthropy at (707) 826-5101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSU Staff/Faculty Payroll Deduction
A Payroll deduction is a simple way for HSU employees to contribute to student success. Once enrolled, funds are automatically deducted from your monthly paycheck and credited to the fund of your choice. Just fill out this form and return it to the Office of Philanthropy.
Generous HSU Donors Meet Von Humboldt Biographer in Special Event
On October 24, 2016, a small group of HSU’s most generous donors were invited to spend an evening with Andrea Wulf, author of the best-seller “The Invention of Nature, Alexander Von Humboldt’s New World.” Ms. Wulf’s book, published in 2016, details Alexander Von Humboldt’s contributions as an explorer and naturalist who shaped modern environmentalism.
Ms. Wulf was on campus as part of the CenterArts Distinguished Speaker Series. Prior to the event, some of HSU’s key philanthropic partners attended an intimate reception with Ms. Wulf and had the opportunity to enjoy food, music, and conversation with the award-winning author. The donors in attendance were invited for their significant investments in HSU’s programming. One of the benefits of being a major philanthropic investor in HSU are occasional invitations to special events like this one.